Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Wedding Nightmare

Last night I had my first wedding nightmare. It ended up being a good and bad thing all at once.

We were getting married somewhere that was a cross of a lobby at a water park and a barn/church for the ceremony. Weird, I know, but in dreamland anything's possible.

Since we were at some water park of sorts, I was worried Nate would see me before walking down the aisle. So I went into hiding, all by myself. Then I noticed family and friends arrive, I got the nervous yet oh-so excited jitters and went back into hiding. Then I noticed silence.

I walked closer and realized everyone was in the barn/church all ready to go. I turned and bumped into Nate. I got so sad because he saw me before walking down the aisle. Then I got sad that our wedding party was already inside and I didn't even know what was going on.

Then the officiate came out and asked us what we were doing. I explained I was hiding, Nate said he was looking for some ice cream. The officiate got rude and said well hurry it up, we only have 5 minutes before the next wedding.

So I pushed Nate into the barn/church and the officiate said no, he's supposed to walk you down the aisle. I got upset and said absolutely not, I'm supposed to walk down the aisle to him. The officiate said too bad, my way or the highway. I then looked around and realized there were no flowers, no decorations, nothing we had planned was in place.

A very heartbroken form of bridezilla came out. I told him this is not how we wanted it and tried to explain to him how important it was that I NOT walk down the aisle with Nate. He stood his ground and said too bad. Then Nate got all scary groomsmen on him and said you don't talk to her that way, you messed all of this up. I've seen her before we get married and that's bad. I want nothing to do with you. And he stormed off into the bathroom (alongside the children running in and out in their bathing suits ... because we were at a water park).

Nate refused to come out until the officiate gave me what I wanted (he's sweet in dreams too). The officiate said too bad, either you get him out or no wedding. I had to go to the barn/church and signal to Jonathan to come help talk Nate out of the bathroom. He tried, and I woke up after hearing Nate say no! and I didn't even get my ice cream!

Awesome right?

The bad part is I'm already having nightmares and felt awful when I woke up. Good part is I was so excited when I woke up and realized it was just a dream!

We've been talking about the wedding a lot already and trying to sort out some details. We'd like a beach wedding, but one of my concerns is people randomly walking around, behind, through our ceremony (hence the water park part of the dream and kids in bathing suits being kids everywhere).

We've also toyed with the idea of doing pictures before the ceremony, not after. We can't decide if Nate seeing me before the ceremony is a big deal to us or not. Clearly the dream made that a little apparent for me!

No idea where the barn/church came from. Probably left field.

--------

Anyone else have wedding nightmares??


No comments:

Post a Comment