Friday, March 9, 2012

Total Derailment

I received an email from Daily Mile that started with "it's been 13 days since your last workout". YIKES!

Yup, completely fell off schedule and let go just a little too much! The week leading up to vacation required some longer hours in prep both at work and at home. That was my excuse for that first week.

Second week my excuse list included the following;
  • I never take a long vacation with just Nate, I want to spend all my time with him.
  • I deserve a break.
  • If I injure myself on vacation, that would really put a damper on things. 
  • I don't want to be sore on my vacation. 
  • Crap, can't run after I've had rum runners. 
  • Shouldn't run after mimosas. 
  • Even though this pina colada is making running sound fun, probably isn't the best idea. 
  • It's too hot here to run. 
  • If I run into an iguana, it could get ugly.
  • I have a new, pretty ring. Wouldn't want to get it dirty working out.  
So we stuck to playing basketball and putt-putt golf as any form of working out. I guess swimming sorta counts? And walking on the beach takes some work too. 

I've been meaning to get back into it since we got back, but clearly "acclimating ourselves back to reality" was a justifiable excuse this round. 

So I hopped on the treadmill for the first time this week. 10 minutes into it - "when is this mile going to be over?!" I'm really scared I nearly have to start all over! Wah, but I did it to myself so I need to get myself out of it. 

-------

Has anyone else had trouble or success getting back into running after a long break?




2 comments:

  1. Running is evil that way. You lose it fast, but honestly its mental.

    You also like running outside more, so get some runs in outside and they will be easier.

    Don't give up, and don't let you brain tell you body its too much/hard/sucks a lot.

    :D

    I can come run with you one afternoon/evening next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! I'm sure I'll hop back on it quickly this week. And you're absolutely right - with the warmer weather I'll love it more, especially because it's brighter earlier making morning runs outside possible again :)

    Wednesday might work, I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete