Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Very Hungry

So last week I had to have a dental procedure done. Zero fun. Didn't have to go completely under but out of it enough. So much so that the seatbelt in the car is stained with spilled milkshake that I tried so desperately to keep in my mouth.

I've had to be on pretty much a liquid diet since and probably for the rest of this week if not longer. Talk about torture. Anyone who knows me well knows I like to eat every hour of everyday.

Suddenly I'm confined to smoothies, soup, applesauce and being really careful not to eat 5 milkshakes a day. Needless to say I've been really really really hungry. So hungry I've even resorted to V8 which I'd sworn off the first time I tried it as a teenager *shudder*

The only thing holding me together is my amazing fiancé... aw! He's been taking great care of me and tolerating my persistent complaints of being hungry. He even tries to spice up my go-to tomato soup with parmesan and fresh basil from our backyard!

To be careful, I haven't been running during all of this. I'm very eager to be able to get back out there though - only 3 months until the half marathon! Yikesyayohcrapwootwoot!!

With Memorial weekend coming up I really hope I can eat some solids - I love Memorial Day cookouts :( Maybe a hamburger and potato salad aren't half bad in a blender?



No comments:

Post a Comment