Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Insomnia

Never fun when you're exhausted and all you want is sleep and then the little one within decides to have dance parties around 3-4am. Just about 4 times a week she wakes me up with her fun flips and kicks right around 3-4am making it very difficult to go back to sleep. Most times I can fall back asleep by about 4:30 but this morning is an example where I'm wide awake and by 5am and decide I should get out of bed or poor Nate might kill me for tossing and turning.

While most times I can get another hour or two in of sleep, I get up around 6:30 anyway so on a day like today it would actually make me groggier if I fell back asleep for only an hour, if I was able to at all. So I'm probably up for the rest of the morning. Nothing like starting what will be a 10 hour day with being awake for no reason at 4am. And for me, the earlier I rise does not shave off any time at the end of my day - I will have to be at work until 7pm regardless. Awesome.

Only two comforting things - an active baby is a healthy baby and this is still the most sleep I'll be getting for a very long time once she's born. I guess that second one isn't all that comforting, more daunting when I think about it, but I'm trying to make a positive spin :)




No comments:

Post a Comment