Tuesday, September 4, 2012

After the Half Marathon

Once we showered up we bee-lined it to food... and mimosas!

Found it interesting that you can get fined for swearing in VA Beach. Good idea. Luckily they didn't seem to mind during the half marathon cause there was a lot of that going on!

We spent the rest of the day at the beach. We weren't going to let a little thing like 13.1 miles stop us from enjoying as much time on the beach as we could!
 Aly and I still favoring our right knees...

 The Jacksons joined us for an afternoon on the beach too!
 Andi & Lexi!

Chase nappin like he ran that morning :)

Lexi burying my feet. This girl cracks me up. She couldn't care less that she had sand everywhere, including in her eyelashes. The burying actually felt good on my sore feet!
 Yay us - what a great weekend!!

After riding home late that night, the pain really started to set in. Barely able to walk normally!
One step at a time...

I'm focusing on keeping my legs as loose as possible, including a short walk the morning after and periodic stretches. The longer I'm not on my legs the more everything tends to lock up. Surprisingly painful, my shoulders have been killing me just as much as my legs. Guess I need to take a look at my form!

While at breakfast with Nate the day after, I noticed the difference in our shoes. Nate and I bought them on the same day. They both started out white...
Clearly one got more miles than the other! Mine didn't even make it through training and started breaking down near the end, forcing me into a new pair just before the half. Crazy to think back through the miles of a pair of shoes...

All worth it in order to have this beaut!

1 comment: