Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sticky Notes in the Fridge?

Yes, I will now be using sticky notes in the fridge. Motivational notes? Nope. Reminders of daily tasks? Nope. To mark what is in each container? Bingo!

I love my Corningware pieces. Microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe not to mention durable. Glass lids to cook with and even plastic lids to allow easy transition into the fridge as leftovers. When all the studies came out about how it is not safe to microwave in plastic containers, I loved my Corningware even more.

They also make it easy to take leftovers to work and reheat for lunch. I'm saving money, not wasting food, being healthier, and saving time because there's no need to transfer food into a different container or "pack" a lunch really.

At my office we don't have a microwave so earlier this week I asked my Service Manager (Elvis) if he would heat it up for me in his shop where there is a microwave. He came back a few minutes later barely able to stifle his giggles. He asked "do you know what's in here?" to which I answered, "yeah, chicken with peppers." This got the biggest belly laugh out of him that I have ever heard. He couldn't even talk so he just opened the lid. It was this...
yup... a bubbling mess of melted butter. Hot mess, literally!

So I realized my only problem with the Corningware - you can't see into them. I thought I grabbed the chicken when really I grabbed two sticks of butter. Not only did I lose money by ruining the butter, I wasted food, I instead ate at Wendy's out of frustration which wasn't healthy and the whole thing cost more time. Smooth, I know.

Therefore, if you look into our fridge you will now find sticky notes so this does not happen again!

*Always make sure to take the time to laugh at yourself*

No comments:

Post a Comment