Monday, January 23, 2012

Will It Be a Hit or Miss?

One For The Money is coming out this Friday!

I've never been one to get really excited about movies, but this one I am so excited for and at the same time, a little nervous. My cousin Jessica got me hooked on the books by Janet Evanovich. This movie is based off the first book in a series of 18 (I'm currently on 16).

They follow this character, Stephanie Plum, who gets laid off from her job and decides to try and be a bounty hunter in Jersey. Let's just say she's awful at it and the situations she gets into are hilrious and intense, not to mention the hotties she has in her life. I'm not going to talk them up anymore than that. Just go read them.
They've casted Katherine Heigel as Stephanie and that's what makes me really nervous. I don't particularly care for her because I don't think she can act all that well (she should take some tips from Nate and Jonathan). So if she doesn't pull this off, the movie is going to flop. I mean, what was the last Heigel movie that did well? She should've never left Grey's!

Most book-turned-movies aren't all that great so it has some odds against it to begin with. But you throw Heigel in there to try and pull off a Jersey girl... hmmmm, I'm guessing a no on the high scores at the box office. Who knows, it could be her big break. It will be interesting to see if they stray from the book too, which they shouldn't. Here's hoping it's at least almost as good as the book!

Watch the Trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment