Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Team Nemesis

"In 2011, there were more than 2.6 million breast cancer survivors in the US."

I find this statistic to be alarming and encouraging all at the same time. The fact that breast cancer affects so many is beyond heartbreaking. The fact that last year there were 2.6 million survivors is such a huge feat!

Unfortunately breast cancer is no stranger to many of us. My Grandma Sissy (mom's mom) is a survivor. My Grandma Karen (dad's stepmother) is a survivor and so is her daughter. Nate's mom, Cheryl, is a survivor. So many success stories but at the cost of some painful scars, worries, days, and memories.

Now my Aunt Cyndi (dad's sister) has been diagnosed and is waging a severe war on her cancer. If you don't know my Aunt Cyndi, know this - she is one of the strongest women I know. When I heard the news there wasn't a doubt in my mind that not only was she was going to beat this cancer but that she also was going to make a difference.

She has started "Team Nemesis" who will participate in Mid-Michigan's Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this April. Nate and I will be there to join them in the event and we are so excited!

If you're in Michigan and would like to join our team, we would be so thrilled! If you can't participate that day but would like to join in our fight by making a donation, words cannot express our appreciation!

As with any cancer, every ounce of support (big or small) makes a huge difference. Help us make a difference in the lives of the survivors, those who are currently battling or will battle breast cancer, and all of their family and friends. Please Visit Team Nemesis Page today to join our team or to make a donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment